Sunday, December 2, 2007

Lights Camera Action

We exchanged our old Christmas lights for new LED lights - big time energy savers. However we threw out a ton of old lights when we moved - now I wished Id saved them for the exchange - if I'd only known there would be an exchange -ohh well -aren't they pretty!

I've made gingerbread houses with the kids over the years. Its something I've always enjoyed. This year I made this little house from pre made gingerbread and Pat decorated some cookies. I was inspired by the pretty little vintage houses made of pulp board and frosted with glitter. I was pleased with my results and wanted to share them with you. Unbeknownst to me Pat got into the action and has already helped himself to a few candies. He took them off the back-where no one could see them gone!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little houses! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

IamSusie said...

I always want to, but never make gingerbread houses with my kids. You asked on my blog about the dimensions of the ribbons on my advent garland...

I think it's meant to look really folksy, so mine isn't perfect either. I used ripped strips of tartan plaid cotton fabric and there still are fraying strings coming off. This does not bother me... The width of my strips in between is about 1 3/8 inches by about 8 1/2 inches long. How you space each pouch is up to you. Each tie on mine is about 4 inches or a little bit less apart.

I'll be watching your blog to see if you post pictures!

Junie Moon said...

I think my comment didn't make your post so I'll try again today. I love the little houses and think they are indeed super pretty.